So last night ended with me printing out most of the yard and leaving it on the printer. This morning I decided to tape said printout together and see exactly what kind of foot print I was looking at. Well some thirty pages later I had a yard almost 20 feet long. This is not really acceptable as that's half my layout space.
So it's back to the old drawing board.
I decided to remove one length of flex from each of the ladder tracks, leaving the shortest of them at two. Using Atlas C55 flex that gives me 60 inches as my shortest yard track, not including the four #10 turnouts at each end.
Tomorrow I will reprint the yard and see how long the foot print ends up.